Monday, September 15, 2008

Shopping

My husband is always amazed at the way I shop. Dont be mistaken, he neither encourages nor is appreciative of my methods:) he is plain amazed and sometimes amused too.

I hate making lists, but I do make one on most of my grocery shopping. Now, how difficult can shopping be with a list right? Make a list and stick to it! I wish... I go to the shop and while I am trying to pick things from my list, my eye is constantly scanning other corners for stuff that I may or may not need. I end up contemplating for a long time about buying something that did not make it on the list, or worse, something that I dont even need right now! Of course I do end up buying it as well. Its afterall food, why would it go unconsumed:)

I pretty much do the same with my mall shopping, making it all the more nailbiting for my husband, since I dont bother to make a list... who makes a list for the mall? I first walk around , taking a glimpse of everything around the section i am interested in.. then I begin my process of elimination. Finally by the time I get to what I like, I have pretty much sapped my energy and time. Now I am in a state of panic and frenzy, since I dont have time and I have not made my selection too... so I decide to take the best out of the choices I have ( YEs I have choices right till the time I pay the bill:)) and head to the counter. God forbid I see something on the way I missed earlier... I would not even venture to tell you how my mind would behave then.

When i reach home after all the hard work and show my husband what I bought, he goes : " Wow that's nice, so when are you returning it?" Guess what he actually means that question quite seriously:) and I dont blame him for that. Infact he thinks that my reason for buying is that I could back again to the shop! According to him, my shopping process goes through these 3 steps:
1. Scoping
2. Buying
3. Returning

He used to tell me he was happy as long as I got to the third step.. but of late , he has been wanting me to go through all steps in a single visit, given the gas prices! Yes, he does like to dream the unthinkable:)!

PS: I strictly believe that only unused goods should be returned!.. so no silly ideas from my post please:)

4 comments:

Anjali said...

Hey Peeps-

First of all-congrats on the your entry into the blogosphere.I am sure it is going to be a gr8 way to showcase the fun and witty side of u that all of us know and love(needless to say,your entries so far proves it to the rest :))

BTW as your chronic shopoholic twin I know exactly what you are talking abt :)I am halfway through this this book .."Confessions of a shopoholic"..by Sophie Kinsella..check it out incase u havent done so already..I know you will appreciate it :)

Alrightly...looking forward to reading more.. I am bookmarking your blog to my list of favorites ofcourse.

Ginda said...

Yes, read the kinsella series - I think finished all of them. LOVED them!

I do miss the likes of me in Austin:) why dont u move here

Preetha Appan said...

lol on the 3 step process. My third step is - leave it in the closet for the next 3 years and then donate it. :)

Ginda said...

LOL preetha.. atleast u donate it. I have a huge carton sitting in the garage for so long.. dont even make that effort!