Friday, September 19, 2008

Driving your personality

I read somewhere that the way you drive your car determines what kind of a person you are in life. Interesting!. On some observation, I find this partially true with the people I tested it with ( me and my husband:)).

Let's take the way my husband drives - He is fast, has good control, stops quite a distance from the car in front, at a signal or stop sign, definitely follows the stop sign - even if there is no car in a foreseeable mile!. He fills gas and air promptly as needed. Is not happy about lending his car to anyone, calls it his mistress ( or maybe baby.. I forget). He lets people pass in front of him and even if they are wrong, he does not honk.

In Life, he is - Impatient at times, unemotional, does not like to get too close to people, likes to keep them at a distance, likes to follow rules, is a little risk averse, good at keeping things in order, close-guarded about his family and secrets, is tolerant of mistakes and is very willing to forgive, controlled and balanced in life.

Now to my driving - I am fast, sometimes reckless, stop very close to the previous car, switch lanes when I am bored, roll at stop sign when I can't see a car standing there. If someone crosses me, I honk and sometimes I speed, change lanes and try do cut across their car ( yes, road rage:)), I wait till my tank shows empty to fill gas, I love curvy roads. I don't mind lending my car and don't mind borrowing as well!

Yes, I am quite impatient, speak before I think, let people into my life easily, let out more than I should, very emotional, love thrills and surprises, don't like being wronged :)

So you see how the connection is? Oh well.. maybe I am just reading too much into this. Driving in Chennai , where you brake when you hit the car in front of you , has probably instilled this kind of driving sense ( or no- sense ) into me.

So what is your driving personality?

3 comments:

Anu said...

Peeps, made interesting reading! Don't know how you would bin drivers in cities - almost all would fit your style of driving. And then there is Rajesh who still follows LANES in Bangalore and makes me want to push him aside and grab the wheel! :)

Anjali said...

Hey..

Interesting observation girl ..but I beg to differ.
Well you see ,my driving personality has taken a sharp U-turn post getting my first ticket but my "real" personality hasnt caught up yet :)

Ginda said...

LOL! That's so funny Anj