Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My $0.02 on SAHM

First of all , thanks to my GDM friends and in particular Lave and Anjali for remidning me of this blog:)

I have never really been a SAHM, but the past week, I got a taste of what it feels like. Now I feel very well equipped to give my unsolicited opinions on the same!

I dont know which world I have been living in , claiming how I juggle work and life after work blah blah but SAHM is the TOUGHEST job a mom can do. I am totally in awe and salute each and every one who has chosen to do this. To keep a kid entertained, fed and maintain a house is no joke!! All I did was put on TV and /or put on TV. We read some books for a little while but I kept coming back to TV to suit my needs. Its a good thing I am not a full time at home mom - I see absolutely no benefit from this arrangement for any of us. Simple said in tamil : " Urupudama poyiduvom" :)

On the bright side, I am getting lots of sympathy from hubby dear who is travelling and has left me alone to deal with a sick kid. I have to really use this to my advantage!! A dress maybe?:)

1 comment:

JollyShilpy said...

Peeps, you are funny... I totally hear you. I find it so hard to keep mine entertained and also do all housework.. Hats off to all the SAHMs!