Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Parenting lesson 103

Try to finish your potty work at home when u take your toddler out!. Try not to use the public bathroom as much as you can. Read on to see why.

We were at Target last week and I really had to use the restroom, so I took my daughter in as well.

She was at first very curious ( first time in a public bathroom) and then her mouth got ahead of her mind and she started the questions , LOUD and clear
" Mommy what's this? ( pointing to the potty)"
" its mommy's potty"
" OK. What are u doing?"
" Going potty. Can you not talk for 5 min?"
" not talk? OK."
After a second
" mommy U like potty? Sonu also wants to sit on a potty"
She then bends to look at the adjacent restroom and goes:
" mommy what's that"
" Another restroom sonu"
" I want to go another restroom, sonu likes it. Sonu wants to go NOW mommy"

I was so ready to vanish into thin air right there!
Have you had such experiences? Share them so I feel better please:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't worry, Peeps. We've all had it - imagine me with Aadhi and Arun - when they try to peek into the next stall!!!

Anonymous said...

Me too - in fact between 2 and 3 years, Rupali used to be fascinated with restrooms. She would say she had to go and then simply go there and not DO anything but open all the doors, peer into mirrors, keep washing her hands and wiping them...well you get the drift! I'm SO glad she's outgrown it! Not that there's much chance of it in India!

- Anu

Srivalli said...

imagine me with 3 brats!..one runs one way while the other to the opp...though we don't venture out much, esp to the restrooms, I used to take the boys to the ladies...finally I did the smart thing and now send the boys with their daddy..hahahh...poor hubby dear..he doesn't complain but his look says all!