Wednesday, July 29, 2009

First real compliment?

The other day sonali's daycare teacher and I had this conversation, leaving me elated for a minute and back to questions the next.

She told me that she is expecting a niece and that she would like if that child was like sonali!!!!!!!!

I just stood in shock for a minute. then I smiled and said " Thank you that is sweet of you" and then grinned a whole lot and felt proud for another minute and then asked myself: " Really?? Is she sure?:)) "

Sonali is all of BRAT at home and is a cherub outside. There is a tamil saying: veetla Puli veliya Eli ( Tiger at home and rat outside). How do these kids distinguish between what is theirs and what is not at this age?! They do have more inside their little head than we attribute them to.

Well anyways, I have blogged her compliment so years later she can look at it and wow at herself:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

raasu nee daan ginda va? i was just reading anu raasa's blog which brought me here..

i totally agree with your post..M is also a big puli at home..veliya pona totally diff image..idhu vaalu nu sonna people might think we are lying!!! what great actors:)

nice blog raasu:)

Vidhya Srinivasan said...

Hey i too wish i have a daughter like Sonu (COMPLIMENT NO 2)!!!!!!!!!

Srivalli said...

Thats lovely to read priya...good to know!..mine are also the same..can't keep them still for a sec, when outside all meek!...:)..but for all you say I know your lil one will be a cutie pie!