Monday, January 12, 2009

Did I skip a few years?

This morning, as I was getting my daughter ready for daycare, she started yelling when I wiped her face. She assumed her Pottu had fallen off and started crying : potoo potoo while pointing to a corner of her eye( she still can't point to the exact location on her forehead for it). Then I had to guide her little finger to it and tell her all is safe and well!.

Then, I took out a shirt for her , she looked at it and went " No". What?! " No" she said again. For a good 5 seconds, I looked at the shirt, then at her wondering what was going on. Then I pulled out another one and she again went " No". Not it was my turn and I went YESSSSSSSSSSSSing and dragged her to the bed and she was visibly upset as she looked at her dress. Then I had to distract her from the dress to pottu, while I slipped it on. As soon as I was done, she went " WOW" as she touched her shirt!. I believe she would have had the same reaction if I had gone with the earlier pick as well. So much for motherly instincts!

Then we go down to get shoes. She was very impressed with her socks and no problems there. As I am ready to slip her shoes on, she goes: NOOO. A very bold one this time. So fresh from learning my lesson upstairs, I decided to slip it on anyways. She just kicked them away , gave me a sharp angry look and pointed to the other pairs of shoes in her box. So then I took out 2 pairs and gave her the choice. I think I completely confused her, as she looked from shoe to shoe!. I was brimming with joy since I assumed this small gesture would keep her away from the NOs!... but a few seconds later, she pointed to one pair and asked for them.

Did I skip a few years? I thought this happened much later and i have much time to dress her up like I want to. ! It does not look like I can embarrass my daughter showing her these snaps later in life, like mom does to me now:)

On a related note, sonali loves to dress up, asks for hair clips, pottu and loves bangles and anklets. Her daddy is definitely happy with that and hopes she will continue to be so!. Secretly, I hope so too:)

4 comments:

Anu said...

Peeps,

Sonali looks like she's on fast forward! Rups does that NOW - refuses to wear "boy" clothes!

Anjali said...

Hey Peeps-

So nice to hear all abt Sonu ! She's so adorable.

BTW I cant believe YOU are teaching HER to keep a bindi..lol !

Enjoy this fun phase!

Push said...

From what i hear Dad wants her to be a model! She seems to be well on her way :-)

SP said...

lol! peeps ur blog's so funny, especially bcos I've seen Sonu poking one of her eyes when we ask for her 'Pottu' or 'Pothu' like she says it :)

Push u're right. Her dad wants her to be a model or a Bollywood star..not sure peeps is happy abt it :P And the way she dresses up now, it defntly seems like she's on the right track! :)