Thursday, October 30, 2008

Phase of Joy

When my little one was really little, it was very difficult to completely enjoy her. Don't contradict me unless you have experienced the endless cries for what seems like no reason, throwing up as soon as new sheets have been put on, giggling endlessly looking at the roof or daddy, not to forget those plots to not let you have a good night's sleep!!. If you still wish to contradict me, I am left to assume that you are the person I have just described.

Right now, my 16 month old is so completely different. She has graduated in many ways from what I have said - She is polite enough to give us some good sleep every alternate day, throws up after a couple of days after the new sheets, is much more verbal in her requirements. Seriously, its a much more enjoyable phase. She understands most of what I say to her. That she chooses to not listen or ignore is a different point:) but at least she makes an effort, unlike the other person in my house!

She has a good vocabulary of words - Nooo( for nose), Nooo( for NO), Na - na ( for NO) and so on. By far her favourite word has been Na-Na , accompanied by a virgorous nod of her head!. That's pretty much my conversation with her most of the time:
Me: Do you want your milk?
She : Na-Na ( headnod)
Me: How about some food?
She : Na Na Na ( head nod more)
Me: Ok, let's go and take a nap
She : na nanananana
On the days I feel like, I turn this to my advantage!

Me: Do you like appa more than amma?
She : NANANANA( headnod and hand gesture).
Me: Do you think we should let him sleep on the bed today?
She : na na na

Oh how much I love her on such days!

Her latest obsession , besides her dad is the youtube nursery rhymes. She actually pushes any of us inside the study, closes the door behind us so we don't escape, then points to the chair, climbs on our lap, then pulls our hand to the keyboard and goes : " ba Ba". She can actually say the beginning of a few words in the middle of a rhyme if we stop. Its really so much fun making her do that. She is completely in love with it and refuses to get up even after playing the set multiple times. It breaks our heart to see her cry every time we pull her away from it, but I know it would break our hearts even more to see her wear her first pair of glasses at 5!

Like my husband says: " Some have test-tube babies, we have a u-tube baby"

If I could, I would like to hold time for a little longer to enjoy this phase of joy with her!

4 comments:

Anu said...

paathiya Peeps! you tube!

Ginda said...

Anu, are u actually telling me watching rhymes on youtube calls for the " paathiya" statement?? REALLY!? What's wrong with you:)

Anjali said...

Enjoy the phase re..so sweet!Hope you are capturing everything on videocam.

Push said...

Still cant believe Sonu is your daughter!