Sunday, May 3, 2009

Temple visit

We took our daughter to the temple for the first time over the weekend, for a friend's baby's naming ceremony. She was very excited and surprised to see the new place.
I took her near the idols in my attempt to induce some knowledge into her.

The first idol was that of Lord Puri Jagannath. For those who have not seen this idol, its supposedly an unfinished work of a sculptor who got angry since his work was interrupted by the king ( story told to me by my friend ). So the idol looks very different from the usual south Indian idols.

Me : " look sonali, this is Lord Jaganath"
Sonali took a good look , like she was registering something
Sonali : " Amma, Elmo....Appa, Cookie monster"

There were no more words to be said:) My daughter said it all!

3 comments:

Srivalli said...

:)..well she said what I couldn't say out...:)

Ginda said...

Ha ha. U r so right:)

Anjali said...

lol !