Friday, March 20, 2009

Logic or feeling

Allright folks, I am back from heaven 7 after a pre-pregnancy pair of jeans would just not fit me.

My husband and I are very different when it comes to arguments. He kills for logic and I kill for the lack of it. Yeah yeah, I hear you - " Marriages work when two people have different personalities blah blah... " Marriages just don't work automatically - you need to make them work? Do you hear me , MEN?

Ok I digress. Back to our arguments, this is how the end of an argument will go :
Him : " Ok peepso, give me one good reason why you want it that way"
Me : " and how many times have I given you that? I feel its the right thing to do"
Him : " Feeling something may not be the answer always.. in this case, apply your logic and think"
ME ( thinking) - WTH.. Does this guy not know me at all? Logic I believe, my foot!
Me ( after a pause) : " I did some thinking and I believe I am right"
Him ( smiling at this point) : " What is your logic baby"
Me ( angrier at that smile ) : " Oh whatever, you only care about yourself, that stupid logic,,, what about my feelings? I do exist here- a human with feelings... " and so on..
Him - completely confused and a blank stare
Me - storming out of the room , still wondering why I felt unconvinced about my own argument.

U see how different we are? I thrive on feelings and emotions and he so does not. I wonder if this is a common trait for women and men? He is more pragmatic and I am not. It would interesting for me to see a couple who have these roles interchanged.

All this also leads me to wonder if men react in a certain way only because they are expected to? I mean.. men don't cry, men don't show emotions - all these are some unwritten rules for how Men should behave and I wonder if men want to follow those to a T.

Does the same apply for women... probably not. When have we followed rules?:) We only follow our feelings!!!!

2 comments:

Amrutha Ragavan said...

oh, I so hear you. I feel for you and I share that feeling. aargh! Men out there..LISTEN!
May be, explaining it this way would help. Just like you see the logic in sitting and wasting time in front of the tv as opposed to helping clean the home, we do..

Anjali said...

lol Peeps ..we have had our share of logic v/s feelings exchanges too..we always agree to disagree on that one :)